Here is a bullet point list of Barrett Studios' progress to date:
- Analysis of the City of Lafayette zoning code, ongoing.
- Document the existing floor plan background in CAD (Computer Assisted Design), completed.
- Document the existing space program and establish a preliminary proposed program, completed.
- Visits to the building for site analysis and conceptual visioning, 2 visits made, more to come.
- Document site analysis & conceptual ideas, ongoing.
Over the next couple of weeks Barrett Studios will continue to develop diagrams and conceptual sketches that investigate site layout options from a macroview.
They're looking closely at entry and approach on the site as well as opportunities to integrate beautiful outdoor areas with existing and new building areas so that they make the most of what we have on site.
They'll also be working to solidify the zoning code parameters, and their meeting with the planning department is key to that resolution.
One helpful item for the program that was discussed is to have staff and/or volunteers assess overall storage needs.